With a strong plan, some good shoes and your business savvy, you’ll be on your game in Dallas.
Ah, trade shows! Sure, everyone loves a few days out of the office, but there are many real business benefits of attending conferences like MUFSO as well. From thought-leading speakers such as José Andrés, Nancy Kruse and Kimbal Musk to transformative ideas, new technologies and ingredients that will inspire new creations for your menu. MUFSO is ready for you! Here are some ideas we at Clemens Food Group have collected to help you (and us!) get the most out of the conference.
The Moment of Truth:
- When you arrive at the conference, with your list of objectives and your agenda in front of you, log onto the MUFSO site and check for any revisions to the show schedule, times and locations. Take some time to revise your own agenda if necessary.
- Pro tip—while most speakers and suppliers provide handouts, it’s best to have a pen and notebook to record relevant product information, make notes about a panel, or keep track of the various people you meet.
- Keep an eye on the time and keep moving to make sure you visit every booth you intended. Drink plenty of water and take a break every few hours for some fresh air, a snack and socializing.
- Don’t linger too long at any one booth. It can be easy to be caught up in conversations, but stick to your schedule and follow up with important vendors after the show.
- Make the most of the social and networking events. Don’t be shy! Introduce yourself to others. Opportunities to meet and learn from your peers are one of the benefits of industry events like MUFSO. And take advantage of fun, bonding experiences with your peers such as the Legacy Hall tour (Monday, October 1, 11:30 am–2:30 pm), the Texas Pete Kitchen Hero Cook-Off (Monday, October 1, 9 am–noon), and the Shake, Sparkle and Stir cocktail contest. (Monday, October 1, 6:15 pm–7:15 pm).
Will we see you in Dallas? Clemens’ goal at MUFSO this year is to show restaurant operators why our Hatfield® Premium Reserve Pork® products deliver satisfaction and profits. However, we also relish these opportunities to talk to a wide range of restaurant operators, learn their needs and plan our future product offerings.
In other words, we’re here to connect. We’re here to listen. Please visit with us at Booth 207 to find out how we can best partner with you. Not attending MUFSO? Just call us at 1.800.523.5291.